Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Noteworthy

Yay, I figured out how to put up a picture. I haven't figured out how to turn it rightside up, but one step at a time! So this is 'Noteworthy'. She was born when my friend Cathy (check her out at Magikal Glassworks) sent me an old manual court recorder which I immediately took apart. The piece that holds the pad of paper looked like a body to me and she just took off from there. I am especially fond of the broken pencil hair, makes me smile whenever I look at it. I patined the body and the corrugated cardboard on the bottom and gave her some jewelry. The mounted bottle holds tiny little alphabet letters that I printed on both sides and cut out. Her wongs are window screen.

It is a very gray day today. Still warm. We went from below zero to 63 yesterday. All in the space of a few days time. Ya gotta love Illinois weather!

So I am sitting here trying to navigate my way through this mysterious machine. I think the next thing I will tackle will be seeing if I can figure out how to add links. Which could be tricky for me 'cause I can't even seem to send someone a link. My daughter Beth, who helps me with all this stuff, is unfortunately many hours away. So I E her questions and she E's me help and I try to muddle through.

Is anyone else out there computer challenged or am I the only one?

Time to go create
Peace

2 comments:

kelly rae said...

i am so proud! you are doing it! and with photos (of a very cool piece of art!)!

NM_Creatrix said...

Join the crowd, I am also 57, but a computer professional. It is becoming easier and easier to get online! Keep up the good work.
BTW, change the orientation on your pics BEFORE you upload. IF you find it is wonky, delete then change and then upload again. Paint will rotate pics easily, or Photoshop, etc.