Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finished I think

Well, I'm not really sure if I'm happy with this or not. I know I am going to have to do something to the background. I like the layout. And the things on it. But I'm just not sure.
The dragonfly sticks up about 1/4 inch or a little more at the highest point. Which is the body and where the wings connect. I built up under the wings by the body with modeling paste and then tapered them down to lay flat on the board. The top trim is lace. The flowers are dried from our woods. The long grasses are twisted tissue paper.
There are tiny dried leaves along the bottom. They show up better in person. In fact the whole piece is better in person.
So I think I'll live with it awhile and see if it needs something more or not.

Peace

4 comments:

Val Foster said...

Hi Mary. This is beautiful. I was admiring the details in the enlarged picture. I think it looks wonderful the way it is. Great work!

Eastjewels said...

Mary...I love this dragon fly...it's wings look so real...how beautiful...

Maija said...

I love the goodies in your etsy store!! Give yourself some time - I understand it takes a while to get known and found. Talk to other etsy store owners as well!
I wish you tons of success!!!

Kim said...

Mary this is a lovely piece. The green is so fresh, makes me think spring... and the 3d effect is so cool. I just bought clear tar gel, and plan on trying the same sort of thing (grass stems) with the gel. Can't wait to try it! You are inspiring!