Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Masks and the Ren Faire

This is the time of year when we would start planning our trip to the Ren Faire. But since we moved so far from it, we can't go anymore. I miss it very much. We never got to take vacations so this was like a day-trip vacation. So I made some masks to remind me. The masks are the plastic ones you can get at Hobby Lobby or most anywhere. I gessoed them first. Then I painted them with regular metallic craft paint.
Then it was just a matter of gluing, feathers and fake leaves and bits and bobs of this and that.
I glued fabric to this one. And some scrunched up blue tissue paper. Then around the eye on the blue side I used some flower petals I had pressed and painted tiny designs on them.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Ren Faire, don't miss it.

Peace

4 comments:

Phiona said...

Hi Mary

Love your blog. I'm just starting to take an interest in the fantastic creative blogs that are about. What an inspiration they all are. Keep on blogging hun!

Phiona

Jill said...

Hi Mary! I LOVE your altered masks. It's great to learn that they'll take gesso so I'll have to add this to my ever growing list of things to try. Love the feathers on them too (lol) :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great and inspiring site to visit.

Dragonlady said...

Your masks are very pretty, Jenna on our altered start group, lives in WA and she goes to the Ren Faire every year and sells her books and this year she is doing some domino pendants to sell there as well....
Brenda