Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another Vintage Sewing Shrine

I'm lucky to have a bunch of vintage sewing ads and stuff. So when I came across this box it seemed perfect for another sewing shrine. The box is a cheese box, I think from the 30's or early 40's. I whitewashed it with gesso on the inside. I decided to leave the outside as is because I thought it was so interesting.

The ads decorating the walls are from 1913 and 1914. They come from 'A Womans Sewing Companion'. The stuff is from my stash picked up here and there.

I put a little pearl necklace on the dressmakers dummy. She is standing on a pile of vintage spools of thread.
The beige round thing on the back wall is a crocheted button.


These are so much fun to make.

Peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This has my name on it Mary xx Love it x

Maija said...

Great collection!